TechStar’s Seal Patch Repair Kit is an easy and effective way to patch and repair damaged bridge seal glands used in strip seal & modular expansion joints. This repair is a cost effective solution to damaged seals in substitute of replacing the entire seal gland of the strip seal and modular expansion joint.
- Forms a durable, weatherproof, non-slip barrier on the seal gland
- Resistant to rain, snow, sun, wind, hail, air, moisture, UV degradation, extreme temperatures and natural weathering
- Blocks out air, water, and moisture
- Prevents rust and corrosion
- Mildew and chemical resistant
- Protective clothing is recommended prior to starting any projects.
- Make sure the surface is clean, dry and free of grease, oil and dirt.
- Increase adhesion by etching surface with sand paper.
- A piece of styrofoam is cut to the size of the damaged hole or slit of the seal gland.
- The styrofoam piece is then glued to the damaged area using a two-part adhesive.
- The Seal Patch laminate is applied on top of the styrofoam wedge and surrounding area.
- Additional reinforcement tape is applied on top of the Seal Patch laminate.
- You can either brush, roll, dip or pour the liquid Seal Patch directly onto the surface of the reinforcement tape.
- Allow each coat to dry completely (24 to 48 hours) before adding additional coats.
- Liquid Seal Patch fully cures in 48 hours.
Tips for Brushing/Rolling Applications
- Brush or roll Liquid Seal Patch using an even sweeping motion.
- Apply several even coats until the surface has been completely covered and ALL cracks and holes have been filled.
- Always brush or roll over a larger area than just where the leak occurred.